Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meeting The Dolphin Protector In Japan


Today had a lot of positive energy with the 12 Deadly Sins in at the docks to allow the dolphins to be free and the meeting of the main dolphin protector "Ric O'Barry. I heard the night before that Ric was coming in from Tokyo for some press meetings and I was very anxious to meet him especially in Japan while I was doing a noble job of protecting further deaths of dolphins in Taiji.

Just this past week the muscian Sting played in Tokyo and he and Ric O'Barry were to meet once again. It was last year that Sting and Ric met at a movie festival in Tokyo when Sting watched the movie "The Cove" and wanted to do something about it. You can see a great interview of Ric and Sting in Tokyo and some newly released dolphin slaughter video that was aired live on television.


I decided to take a walk to see a new found passionate friend and send her off as her and her friend left back to Tokyo and then their home town Hong Kong, China. As I arrived I was lucky enough to see that they hadn't left and then Ric was speaking to them. I walked up to Ric and said "Hi, my name is Bob Timmons". Ric looked at me and said "Oh Bob Timmons is real and not just Cyber Space!" and he continued on saying "Oh, you're the artist too right?" We spoke about many things and one being the threats he receives now after the movie "The Cove" went international. Our meet was short but we all snapped photos and launched the two beautiful ladies on to the train and back to Tokyo.


Me and Ric O'Barry January 22nd - 2011 - Katsuura ~Japan
 Staying positive its the only energy that the darkness cannot extinguish!



Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: Stop The Slaughter

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org/
http://thecoveguardian.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment