Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Speaking with Dolphins Through Meditation

The night of the 24th of January I was in my third Onsen at the Urashima Hotel here in Katsuura.

An Onsen is natural sulphur springs that the Japanese have capitalized all over. They are truly an amazing experience. I sat in three separate ones the night before just to relax since it was only the cheapest way to get some attention on the body and mind after all the horrific visuals, sounds, and stress that one endures daily here in the Taiji area of Japan.

After being at my 3rd Onsen in this gorgeous hotel that is built within a large rock, I started to open my mind and body up to thoughts and ideas. I was laying back in the hot springs and I could see the dark night with the stars glowing, I could feel the wind lightly enter the cave I was in, and I could hear the crashing of the ocean water against the rocks outside the cave. It was then the sound of the water was very similar to the sound of the rushing water I hear at the Cove when the dolphins are scared and are about to be killed. My mind instantly wanted to take this as a sad sound and to me this was not going to be the case. I was not going to allow such beauty of the ocean sound become the death sound of the dolphins. I took this sound as the dolphins sound as if they were spiritually connecting to me. Remember I was in these life altering springs for about 2 hours now. I started to listen and my mind was opening up more and more.

Then I thought to myself that I do not want to hear the death of the dolphins, I do not want to see them kill the dolphins, I do not want to watch the cruelty within the cove anymore - I want to be with the dolphins. I kept thinking and opened my mind up to the skills I have in the animal action I have done and being involved in extreme weather conditions to show that the animals go through more than what I am enduring at that very moment. I chose to speak through my mind to the dolphins because I couldn`t directly touch or get close to them without being arrested and never to return again to help them. I kept my plan evolving in my mind as I got in and out of the springs to stand naked at a railing that overlooked the Pacific Ocean to feel the elements even more while I thought.

The plan came to me as I accepted it was what I was going to do. If the 12 Deadly Sins of Taiji were going to  drive in any dolphins on my last 2 days here in Japan then I was going to get into the frigid water and meditate to speak to the dolphins about how to see through the sound - there is a hole in the sound - go through - dive deep - swim far - over and over. Then I started to give them energy from my thoughts that I am human but I am not like the ones taking your life.

The water was terribly freezing from my first step in while a Fisherman`s Union Leader was yelling at me not to go in the water, I entered. As I went mind over matter and focused and fell deep into meditation within the frigid water I started to speak to the dolphins and my body was perfectly still. About 25 minutes later my body started to tremble and I felt this was when the Cove infront of me was quite but the killing part was doing what they do - killing the bottlenose dolphins. It was a terrifying experience for them but I was grounded in the Cove and could feel this negativity while I kept pushing my energy to them.

It was about 30 minutes total I spent in the frigid water when I finally took some of the water in the Cove and splashed it on my face. I instantly came back to reality and lost feeling in my lower half as if I was apart of the Cove now. The sun warmed my upper part while I was numb waist down. I then removed myself from the Cove.

The police were all over me and took my information and said ``You No Make Trouble for the Fishermen, Right`` and I said ``Yes I No Make Trouble - I was speaking to the dolphins and to give them my energy even though I believe the fishermen need some positive energy too.``

____________________________________________________________________


I wanted to be with the dolphins today - not witness anymore blood, cruelty, sounds. I rooted into the rocks and stayed in meditation for 30 minutes sending off my energy and thoughts to the dolphins. At the end of 30 minutes it honestly felt like my lower half was now one with the bay. Believe me the water was frigid.

I was informed by Rupert that the police took a bit more time because they put their bullet proof vest on just for me :) haha In Japan tattoo`s are mostly on criminals in organized crime like a mafia.














Staying positive its the only energy that the darkness cannot extinguish!



Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: Stop The Slaughter

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org/
http://thecoveguardian.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com)

3 comments:

  1. Such an amazing story Bob!! :) I hope those dolphins got some of that positive energy before they took their last breaths of life. Thank you for your bravery! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, every time i read your bloggings and view your pics, i see more of your inner self and the unique personality that you are...your time there must surely be cloaking you in dark and negative energy that will need a highly qualified aura cleanser. your dreams will be sullied but your art will explode with even greater passion and colour. i bathed alongside you in the onsen as your words flowed out into the ether, as surely it flowed out into the oceans...as we are born of the oceans, you have imprinted your energy into the cave walls, forever it will stay...an art print of your hands, like our indigeneous aborigines have done for millenia, onto those walls, to remember your courage and beliefs for eternity. heart you dear bob and i send ethereal thoughts to help cleanse yours. Lucette WorldWideWarrior

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bob! Thanks for being in Taiji. Great blog and photos! I really like the last one of you and the police smiling :-) Positive Energy is the key!

    ReplyDelete