Friday, January 28, 2011

Final Day & Final Words of Taiji - Japan

January 27th in Japan I finalized my 9 days in a video response.

I did speak infront of my camera which sadly moved a bit and cuts off a bit of my head but its not my looks that means anything - its my words.

Just a recape of my 9 days:

Day #1 - Approx. 50 Black Striped dolphins were killed in the cove.
Day #2 - Dolphin Free
Day #3 - Approx. 15 Risso Dolphins killed in the cove.
Day #4 - Dolphin Free
Day #5 - Dolphin Free
Day #6 - Approx. 5 Risso Dolphins Killed in the cove and 1 that strayed rescued from the harbour.
Day #7 - Dolphin Free
Day #8 - Approx. 10 Bottlenose Dolphins killed in the cove.
Day #9 - 2 Pacific White-sided Dolphins killed in open ocean and 1 taken into captivity.

Its been a tough week with the above  9 day record and hopefully my video and pictures will continue to go further and educate. I will be sharing my video with a movie producer who needs ocean related topics for the upcoming movie "Don't Eat Me". This movie will be coming out in June on what they started - Animal Freedom Day.


PLEASE GO HERE FOR THE VIDEO ``FINAL WORDS``
The Cove Guardian Crew I was privy to be with while in Japan.

The second meeting with Ric when I interviewed him for Don`t Eat Me - John on the left drove 9hrs to meet us both.

A couple amazing ladies came from Hong Kong to help the Dolphins.
Mark with Ric O`Barry`s design stating `Protect Dolphins
`My most memorable positive action of the 9 days with Taiji Dolphins.


Please visit "Don't Eat Me" to mark your calenders to watch - I believe - the movie free on its launch in July.



Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: Stop The Slaughter

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org/
http://thecoveguardian.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment