Sunday, February 20, 2011

Behind The Barricades In Taiji


I was in Japan for about 9 full days to do work for the dolphins and within that time I was able to find some great locations to view into the cove. I have taken some photos from the video I was able to capture while in my second barricade jump. This second jump was an extremely close call when I was almost caught. The police were scouring the bushes and were all over where I was but I was not hidden very well and simply I should have been caught. However I was not seen and surprisingly I was staring right into the cops eyes while he was ready to walk right to me! At this moment I accepted that I was busted behind the barricade and just waited for the man to see me and start yelling. Then his phone rang at the same time I was looking at him! He started to talk on his phone really loud while I was still leaning back in the bush and waiting for him to have a glimpse of my figure. Then within moments he hung up his phone and walked away. Whew! I could not believe it! I was safe for the moment!

I then could hear a lot of them behind me talking to eachother. I had very thick brush behind me so they could not see me this way without walking back around where the other man was located. I thought if I was going to be stuck here behind the barricades then I must get some video film and I had both my cameras with me. I could not use my Camera video since its large and akward so luckily I had my hand held video camera with me and was able to lean forward as if I was touching my toes to aim the lens towards the cove action.

The video camera had an awesome zoom lens and I was able to get up close and personal at times. The only problem filming this horrific scene was keeping my feet awake and my stomach from cramping and my hand from shaking! Yes, my bent over position so I would not make any noise and be heard by the police I was really painful. My feet in time went to sleep and every few minutes forced me to lean back and wiggle my toes to get the blood circulation moving again. Then my stomach was aching from the crunch I put on it from the akward bend. The only thing that really pissed me off was my one main thumb that is needed to hold the camera still would just start to shake uncontrollably. I tried many things to get my hand steady and did my best to get as much video as possible.

As I was reaching and trying to find the best view to film I noticed a lone dolphin moving on the other side of the killing area. Then I watched a fisherman walk over and start to touch the dolphin. I thought he was going to just grab the rope on his tail and drag him over with his family. However this man put his body weight on the dolphin and I couldn't believe it but he was drowning the dolphin. Then he was dragging the lifeless body of this Risso Dolphin and had to walk around the boat that was splitting the killing zone in half. He dragged the dolphin through the blood pouring from under the tarp and then behind the tarp with his/her family that were currently watching their family die one by one.

After the dolphins had been all killed and tied to the side of the boat they make sure that a tarp is over the bodies so no cameras can photograph or film the bodies. This action shows they are embarassed and feel the shame by having to cover cove, the killing, and then the transport of the bodies. This moment the cove went silent, the voices behind me disappeared and the wait to leave began.

You cannot just jump up and walk out when you clearly were not allowed to be on this side of the fence even though the sign was just a warning of a cliff for safety reasons. I was told that others have been caught and removed but didn't know what happened to them. This was my second slaughter I witnessed in 3 days in Japan and my second time jumping the barricades with no fear whatsoever! As I waited the time dragged, the sun beat down on me and the nature sounds were beautiful. Then I heard some crackling! My mind was racing about a cop hiding near me and was just waiting it out to see who starts to move. The sound got louder and I started to look at that direction and seen this hat moving and as I looked further I knew who it was! I waved and she thought I was a cop and thought she was busted. It took a few moments when she realized who I was and I couldn't believe there were more people hidden up here too!

It was about 30 minutes since the slaughter ended and I decided to take the chance to see if the coast was clear! I slowly moved and took my time making my way to see the fence and the open field. I stopped and hide because a cop was walking up and looked around and then walked away. I waited about another 10 minutes and then made my move again. The coast was clear and I went back into the bush to gather my cameras and give the others the message to get out now. We all got out and met others at the bottom of the hill and took off in our cars. I was so hyper with a beating heart and excitement of being alive doing what I loved and that was being there for animals! Now I share with you all a bit of the video I managed to gather and pictures so you all can see what I experienced!

Below I have pictures of what I seen from my video and a video if you care to watch it but warning it does shake a little bit and could be hard to see.





After the Drive in of 6 Risso Dolphins the fishermen have already placed rope around their tails and staked them under the killing tarp within the cove.


They search for the tarp to block cameras from viewing their means of slaughtering the dolphins.


The Dolphins try and resist as much as they possibly can! They have been stressed for at least 2 hours now from the drive to this lasso on their tail staked to the ground of the cove.


BELOW IS WHERE YOU WILL WITNESS A DROWNING


A lone Risso Dolphin is off to the top left corner.


A fishermen walks over to the lone dolphin.


He starts to grab the dolphin.


He then is placing his weight down on the lone dolphin drowning him.


He then starts to drag the lone dolphin lifelessly over to the others currently being murdered.


The dolphin still has not moved to try and escape show no signs of life.


The fisherman dragging the lone dolphin goes waist deep into the blood filled water.


Sadly the lone dolphin still does not move and is now entering the blood filled water of his family.



The fisherman is now behind the tarp watching the other dolphin's being killed while still dragging the dead dolphin.


The dolphin is almost behind the tarp now to be with his/her family while they kill them.


All you can see now is the blood spilt of innocent sentient beings that were free migrating by Japan only hours before!

DOLPHINS BEING PREPARED FOR TRANSPORT


The main Killer is in the wet suit and is helping tie the dolphins to the boat.


The dolphin bodies are floating lifelessly while they try and cover their shame.


The tarp is being tied and the dolphins are all tied by their tails to the boat for dragging.


You can see the dolphins tied to the front while they try and keep the tarp over the bodies.


The bodies keep exposing themselves.



2 comments:

  1. As difficult as this is to watch, I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to see in person. Poor dear souls. If the Japanese do read your blog I hope they have even a twinge of sorrow over what is happening there. I hope their hearts are not completely made of stone. These are tales they will surely be ashamed of in their elder years when the country comes to its senses & stops this madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely horrific. Even though I have known the details for quite some time it is absolutely disturbing to know that it is all still going on! How the hell can this be happening?!?!

    ReplyDelete