Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Help! SHARKS in Canada!

I am a little late on this posting but it must be put out!

May 24th - 2011

My home town surprised me the other week when it announced it was going to ban shark fin products. Yes! Brantford - Ontario - Canada would be the first city to ban such a horrific and inhumane practice and product. I decided I was going to support this vote and gathered up anyone willing to come and stand beside me and be apart of this "Historic Event" for Canada as a country let alone Brantford making history for its choice as well.

You can watch a video I put together combining my footage and a local newspaper called "Brantnews" who had a wonderful edited version here:


 


After you watch the video I have to say this is spreading into the Toronto area now where a couple of Councillors are pushing it to a vote shortly! So what Brantford did as a land-locked city has created a Tsunami wave of Awareness on land for the ocean and the sharks! Let`s keep this wave rolling!

The front page of The Brantford Expositor

The Brantnews had a photo of the shark supporting group.

Brantnews continues watching the shark story flow across the land to other municipalities.

--
Bob Timmons


Artist For The Ocean
http://www.bobtimmons.org/

Toronto Regional Coordinator for Sea Shepherd
http://www.facebook.com/SSCSToronto 

No comments:

Post a Comment