Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good And Bad

Its amazing how there are great people who do great things and there has to be people who do nothing but bash their positive actions. The actions of good and bad can just be tiring on both sides.

As I build my journey to completion of making it to 'The Cove' and keeping this ocean slaughter house in Taiji out in the public eye I start to gain positive support and a negative crew also. I don't focus on these negative actions and give it more energy than it needs however I always wonder "Why" and cannot believe when its actual people on the animals side that are the culprits. Do these people know that any and every action for exposure and help is worth more than bashing and sitting on their ass. The energy wasted on attacking people doing positive action is so sad when that person(s) can be out doing what they feel helps the cause greatly.

I am the type of person who believes the world is my home and any place that has a problem is my problem. I have chosen to help animals as my fight and with the Sea Shepherd in Taiji Bay and the need for people to be present to keep the exposure at hand and I will do my best to support. My thoughts are always "Think Globally But Act Locally" and the locally part means "Anywhere" not where my home is located.

My school background is "Environmental Sciences" and I learned one key thing that goes to almost all situations - Reduce/Reuse/Recycle. Now these words can represent many meanings and I do not care for the Recycle or Reuse aspect in this solution but the REDUCE word states "FROM THE SOURCE". Taiji Bay is the source of cruelty in the act of slaughter, the act of captivity, and the act of human poisoning. Thus, in this case with the Taiji Bay ~ Japan dolphin slaughter, the "Think Globally" thought is that to stop the act of slaughtering is to have the locals and the government to state they don't want this anymore and to shut it down. In the act of the cruelty with Captivity, the exposure of daily actions by the Cove Guardians in the The Cove brings International attention and then makes the global public become aware. With the global public aware the chance is for them to stop supporting the marinelands/sea worlds of the planet and shutting down the "Supply And Demand" for captivity of marine animals.

So for anyone who thinks that myself and others going to support the Sea Shepherd as a "Cove Guardian"is a useless idea must first see how this really helps the situation and keeps it in the minds of the international public including the Japanese people who are still learning of this situation.


Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com), and you can also attend my "Taiji Bay Bound For The Dolphins Fundraiser" at The Supermarket on November 29th.


1 comment:

  1. I came back from taiji, but when I got home,
    I felt the need to return to Taiji!
    'll come back soon!

    ReplyDelete