Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oportunities

Last night I showed the movie "The Cove" to start off my fundraising events to get myself to Taiji with the Sea Shepherd. We never had many people show but an opportunity came about because of the showing. A professor of the University of Toronto has an Ethics class every week and asked if I would be interested in speaking in his class about my journey and how I started on this pathway.

The last couple of years I have been stepping up my action for animals as I learn and find ways to do so. One main action I do is that every action I take I meet people that give me an opportunity to do more. I tend to take "Every Opportunity" that comes my way and if you know or have been following my actions you would know that I am always busy doing animal action. My advice to anyone doing action or wanting to do is "Take All Opportunities That Come Your Way Because They Will Lead To More Opportunities".

Some people will have fear to do some leadership acts but I and everyone you see doing some public speaking get nervous and at one time had fear to do so as well. My first time speaking in front of about 70 people was not a choice since someone had put my name down as a speaker for sharks without asking me. I contemplated for about an hour on what I was going to do but then said "I'm going to do it" and I did. Since then I stepped up my action to creating events that I was the speaker and now I have done more than I can count from hosting, speaking, interviews, etc. I feel the passion for action and change for all animals no matter which ones you're speaking about gives me the energy and strength to be a leader and I feel everyone has it in them.

Please take the opportunity when it comes knocking and the pathway in front of you will be more rewarding then any thought you could ever imagine! Being unselfish in your actions is priceless! Do it for the Animals!

Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: http://www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/mofaserv.html

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com), and you can also attend my "Taiji Bay Bound For The Dolphins Fundraiser" at The Supermarket on November 29th.


No comments:

Post a Comment