Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10th, 2010

I was speaking to a Cove Guardian currently in Japan last night "Tarah Millen".

She gave me some good information for any future Cove Guardian's with trying to make it more affordable. The Guardians have built up 2 rice cookers and a blender now to make food in their rooms. So future guardians can bring dry food like lentils, beans, seeds & nuts, and spices. Other items that would be great to have is some utensils, garbage bags (they seem to not have any garbage areas in Taiji), and Vega. She told me that there is a company called Luna that has an unlimited supply of energy bars and all they have to do is reorder a supply and they are there immediately! Fruit and Rice are plenty and if you do eat out it can be around $10 up.

When arriving in Japan it is good to have money showing you can pay for food and board during your stay! So an amount equal to or more than $1000 would work and then in Japan's airport there is a currency converter. Its about 80 yen on the Canadian dollar. The hotel is approx. $48/night and the train you need to take from the airport is approx. $68 one way to the hotel. I will have some more details on how to get there soon when I check out some other Cove Guardian blogs on their experience.

One thing I did buy and suggest to any vegan who wants to travel to places around the world that has no english please go here: http://www.vegetarianguides.co.uk/products/veganpassport.shtml

Currently I have for fundraisers:

FREE "The Cove" Movie Showing
Wednesday, November 17th
University of Toronto
Bahen Centre room is 2195 (second floor)
40 St. George Street off College Street (and immediately south of
Russell Street)
7pm to 9:30pm


"The Cove" Guardian Fundraiser
Monday, November 29th
6:30pm to 11:30pm
The Supermarket
#268 Augusta Ave (Kensington Market)

Vegan Bake Sale
December 5th
Panacea
#588 Bloor Street
1pm to 4pm

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com), and you can also attend my "Taiji Bay Bound For The Dolphins Fundraiser" at The Supermarket on November 29th.


No comments:

Post a Comment