Thursday, December 9, 2010

The New Activists Do Not Fit The Old Hippy Profile

I have been involved with Animal Action for over 2 years now and I am not shocked to see more woman involved than men. To bring yourself to doing selfless actions for animals it takes a person who really can feel and understand the other side. Most people see an "Activist" as a skinny little hippy-like person whining about change needed. I'm here to say that is not the case!

I am a person filled with tattoos and grew up in a very rough neighbourhood when I was younger. I totally do not fit the profile as a hippy-like Activist. I have always put myself in danger standing up for the underdog human when I was younger and now standing up for the underdog nonhuman. I have redirected the anger I had decades ago to a more positive life and direction for change. Becoming an activist and a voice for the voiceless matches me more than the hippy profile. However the hippy profile is a very successful strength to show a need for change away from money hungry corporations. Money is the drive here in the Cove and this is the source we need to stop and shut down while we educate the world to stop supporting the houses of captivity being the Seaworld's and Marineland's of the planet.

Yes I am a Vegan! Yes I am an Animal Activist!
I am not surprised to see over 80% or higher of woman in the movement to change the minds of people eating animals, supporting captivity, and ignoring the cruelty cast down on sentient beings. To see the new crew at the moment in Taiji Bay with 5 Woman Cove Guardians and no men is not surprising! It shows strength from a gender that does so much for positive change on this planet! I have deep respect for females putting out "Positive Action" for change away from cruelty and death of human and nonhuman animals. I am not sure why more men are not involved in speaking out for sentient beings - is it peer pressure, is it fear, is it selfishness, or maybe just plain ignorance. I have to say I am a man of a single mom bring up which may account for my connectedness and strength since my mom showed me then and now how powerful she is as a woman.What ever the reason I am happy to see the woman of the world stand up and show more strength than the strongest man on the planet by putting themselves in a dangerous situation for an animal - in this case its the dolphins and pilot whales.

Taken From Sea Shepherd Site http://www.seashepherd.org

The new leader for SSCS Cove Guardian action is Libby and yes she is a strong woman. I will be happy to be at her side in January when I arrive in Japan to keep the dolphin killers in International Minds. This action will change when positive lights of energy from the never ending Cove Guardians that come from all parts of the world to show strength for the dolphins lives. With your help we can end this by telling everyone what is happening, by calling the Japanese Embassies and Consulates worldwide, and by being a voice for the voiceless on a daily basis! Thank you for all you do!


The next and final event I have coming up is January 8th in Hamilton at the 3rd floor of Bizclip on #327 King Street West with the band AdvertEyes and Vegan Food cooked by a chef. You can view more details here: FACEBOOK R.S.V.P.



Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: Stop The Slaughter

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. There should be more than a hundred people at The Cove, Bob. A big-time celebrity as a Cove Guardian can make that happen. Japanese people are fascinated with movie and music stars. The media coverage alone would generate awareness worldwide, prompting many more to watch the movie.

    I am very happy to see you going to Taiji, Bob. I know that you have a following and your fans will help spread the word. Thank you for your courage and dedication.

    With eleven of you, I make a dozen. With ninety-nine of you, I make a hundred. But I cannot do it without each and every one of you. You matter! Never give up! For the Dolphins.

    ReplyDelete