Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Running Down A Mountain

Fear can stop many people from doing things in this world especially when it comes to an animal. The questions that family & friends attack you with are outrageous as if you're an idiot. The isolation of not being able to talk to anyone about the concerns you have and/or want to share to educate others. The lack of support for your uncontrollable thoughts of anger about the cruel treatment done to animals. Well just like anything in life you have to make it to the top of the hill from being informed and then start your walk down the hill. As you start the walk the hill starts to make you jog and then run and then you are full tilt towards what you thought would never come! This is what has happened to me on my journey to Taiji Bay ~ Japan.

When I put out the thoughts that I was thinking on being on the shores of Japan I never once thought I would have much support. I could visualize myself there standing with other compassionate people from around the world and the energy inside of me grew. As I started to emit this energy I started to attract like-minded people. I have had over 40 people thus far support me in many ways and its still growing! People want this cruelty to end as much as myself.



Vegan Bake Sale at Panacea - inset Bob & Jordyn Picture by Vanessa Sarges



So far I have had so many wonderful people on facebook alone support me right from the beginning and I have had 2 events. The picture above shows my second event "Vegan Bake Sale". My good friend Ken Bontius and Pamela from Panacea (Vegan Only Store) on #588 Bloor Street West and also a Director of ARK II - Animal Rights Kollective of Toronto graciously gave me space at the front of their store. So many beautiful ladies donated their time to bake some yummy vegan goodies for this event which was a total success. From cookies, cupcakes, macaroons to vegan Fudge they all sold. I also bought 2 Cove DVD's that are selling at Best Buy for $10 (Hint: christmas present) and sold them both as well! Many people came and bought little and left a large donation because the cause resonates within themselves to have it done for ever!

Up to this point I have sold 4 Framed Prints, 3 Regular Prints, and 2 Blood in the Ocean necklaces that have helped as well with this Journey. It all started with a thought that brought me to the top of a mountain and when I hit the bottom of this mountain I will be on the shores of Taiji Bay with about 100 people behind me giving me a large amount of strength. Please create positive thoughts for change and release them to the world so you to can make changes that really matter when a sentient being is being tortured and/or murdered. No one will know your thoughts if you choose to keep them to yourself.

The next and final event I have coming up is January 8th in Hamilton at the 3rd floor of Bizclip at #327 King Street West with the band AdvertEyes and Vegan Food. You can view more details here: FACEBOOK R.S.V.P.



Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: Stop The Slaughter

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment