Thursday, December 2, 2010

"THE COVE" Guardian Fundraiser

I have to say this was one amazing night! It took a bit to come but on the days adding up to this night so many people came to me with support. I had many people contacting me to help from my two amazing hostess' Daria and Sweta, vegan sweets bakers, business gift certificates, and the 4 bands!



AdvertEyes Playing 3rd Set
Photo Taken by Christy Melanson

 The first band was Little Winter who started off the show with some acoustic New Zealand action of Jill Krasnicki. Then the all to greatest supporter Dyniss with his two piece band hit the lyrics that stick. We then were entertained by AdvertEyes from Guelph and they did one amazing job with thier 6 member band rocking the Supermarket in Toronto. After we did the auction of some of my art prints framed we then had the final very Loud Band called Solus who is an solo artist who hires people to play his creative music.

Here is a video of me speaking after AdvertEyes set and I speak about my upcoming journey to the Cove.



Sponsors for the event were Panacea, Sadies Diner, Snooters, and I Love Mom Tattoo Shop. However I have to say that my volunteers that helped as well put some amazing efforts out for this event with vegan sweets by Angeline I, Anne G, Christine O, Cassandra, Becky O & Mom, and Kirsten D. One person I cannot forget was my door girl who I had never met until this night and her name was Magenta!
I have had so many people outside of this night that have supported my journey for the dolphins and I want to say  thank you all so far! I will have an email out to all of you in the next few weeks. Hope you  will make it out to my vegan bake sale this Sunday ~ Dec. 5th at Panacea. Also the final fundraising launch party will be Jan. 8th in Hamiton and details to come soon. 



Please contact your closest Japanese Embassy/Consulate and let them know you do not approve and want the dolphin slaughter to stop: Stop The Slaughter

Bob Timmons
Future Cove Guardian
http://www.bobtimmons.org
_______________________________________________________________
It was a couple of years ago that I first learned about Taiji Bay aka "The Cove" when I did a painting that I called "The Rising Sun Exposes The Guilt". Now I have an opportunity to do more and this is becoming a "Cove Guardian" with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in Taiji Bay, Japan.
 I have started to organize ways to raise some money and awareness about this decision I have made and you can donate and share on facebook,  , Paypal (timmons.animal.artist@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment